4.20.2009

It's the Little Things

I'm an oldest child. Actually, my husband is too! I could write this whole post about the craziness in our household that stems from the truth of those initial statements. But actually, my point lies elsewhere.

I firmly believe that there are certain elements of my personality that are rooted in my birth order. Being the oldest means that I've grown up with lots of opportunities to lead (be bossy), plan (be in control), and hog attention (no explanation needed). Sound familiar? I was raised with every opportunity, and when the opportunity didn't exist, I made it for myself.

To this day, I believe that I am created for "big things." What's interesting though, is the way that God is changing my perspective on what falls into that category. My vision of success has been uprooted, and I can guarantee you, it's for the best! I'm beginning to learn to live in the reality that the little things that I do also have eternal impact.

So here's to cooking dinner, doing laundry, taking care of Brady, and loving my family. Cheers!

Pouring Champagne in Glass

5 comments:

Ali Farmer said...

you're a blogger too!

I totally agree with the birth order thing...except I think that the youngest love attention too (speaking from personal experience)

Lesley Miller said...

Amen to that! You are one good cook, one good mama, and one good friend. :)

Brigitte said...

Yeah! What could be bigger than raising a family? The thing I remind myself is that I will have a good 30-40 yrs to develop a career and whatnot once the kids are quite a bit older. There is so little time, comparably, to spend with them before they move on.

Heidi said...

hey girl - I can relate...you're doing so great being there for your little man - check out my post on my new blog...its right on track with with yours, crazy! ;)

cheers,
heidi

Heidi said...

ooops, might help if I left the address:

www.1wonderwomanwannabe.blogspot.com